Spaghetti Squash Bowls are easy, nutritious and full of veggies. This meal tastes that delicious that I make it every week. I roast the squash and top with lime shrimp and an assortment of roasted veggies. So Yummy!!
There are so many different foods you can eat with spaghetti squash and roasted veggies is one of my favorites. It’s quick and easy, healthy, and tastes delicious. When I say I make spaghetti squash and roasted veggies every week, I am not kidding! It’s one of those meals I can eat over and over and never get sick of it.
For this recipe, I scraped out the spaghetti like strands of the squash and placed in a medium-sized bowl. I added the roasted veggies and lime shrimp to the bowl and tossed to combine. Then I spooned the mixture back in the skin of the squash for these fun spaghetti squash bowls. You can’t complain when there are less dishes to clean 🙂
How to Roast Veggies:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy cleanup). Cut your veggies to be the same size and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over veggies then sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can use any seasoning such as garlic salt, onion powder, cumin, or red pepper flakes for heat. Use fresh herbs such as Rosemary or Thyme. Toss veggies using your fingers. You can use a spatula if you prefer, however, I use my hands so I know if I used enough seasoning to fully coat the veggies. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes, or until veggies are cooked through and browned.
Use any veggies you have in your fridge:
For this recipe, I used bell peppers (red and orange), zucchini, and yellow onion. The best part about this recipe is you can use any veggies you love, have on hand, or just need to use up before they go bad.
I used my Skillet Lime Shrimp as it only take minutes to cook and is perfect for summer. For the full recipe, click here or follow the recipe instructions below. You can use any meat you prefer, I also like to use ground chicken or ground turkey, but this shrimp screams summer and I can’t eat it enough!
To learn How To Roast The Perfect Spaghetti Squash, Click Here:
You can have this meal on the table in under an hour. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.
- 1 Spaghetti Squash, cut in half length-wise, seeds removed
- For the Lime Shrimp:
- 20 to 30 Shrimp
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 T. cumin
- Cilantro, for garnish
- For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 2 Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Orange), chopped
- 1 Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Green Onion, diced and more for topping
- 1 Avocado, to top
- 2 - 3 T. Olive Oil
- 1 T. Cumin
- 1 T. Garlic Salt
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil and set aside. Cut the ends off spaghetti squash and then cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out all seeds using a spoon and discard the seeds. Lay both sides of the squash flesh side up and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, and garlic salt and rub over entire surface. Turn squash flesh side down on foil covered sheet. Bake for 40 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all veggies and drizzle with olive oil, garlic salt, and salt and pepper. Toss vegetables to until they are coated. Spread evenly on large baking sheet, covered with aluminum foil. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.
- Add shrimp to medium-sized bowl and add ½ tablespoon of olive oil, cumin, juice of 1 lime, and salt. Toss to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- When squash and veggies have about 10 minutes left to cook, heat a large skillet on high heat for 2 minutes. Add the olive oil and garlic then add shrimp. Cook shrimp in skillet until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes (turn shrimp after 2 to 3 minutes or when crisp on down facing side).Turn off heat and finish with a squeeze of lime, garnish with cilantro.
- Allow spaghetti squash to cool and then scrape out spaghetti like strings using a fork.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spaghetti squash strands, roasted vegetables, and shrimp. Spoon combined mixture back into the skin of the spaghetti squash. Top with avocado, cilantro, and green onion.