Are you ready to find clarity and change your life? The power of intention, want to know more… Intentions paired with clarity are the driving force behind goals.
What are Intentions?
Intention is a mental state that represents a commitment to carrying out an action or actions in the future. An intention is a goal, or vision, that guides your activities, thoughts, attitudes, and choices. … You can set an intention in any area of your life- physical, mental, emotional or spiritual. Although intentions start with a mental picture of your goal, intentions require focus, action, and positive energy to manifest. Intentions are what you plan to do day to day in order to reach a goal.
It’s great to know what you want, but if you have no idea why you want to achieve this goal, it’s much less likely you will feel a sense of urgency propelling you forward. It’s important to get specific and really dig into identifying the passion behind your intention which is key to tapping into motivation.
What is the difference between Intentions and Goals:
- Goals are focused on the future. Intentions are in the present moment.
- Goals are a destination or specific achievement. Intentions are lived each day, independent of reaching the goal or destination.
- Goals are external achievements. Intentions are your inner-relationships with yourself and others.
Setting intentions shouldn’t make you overwhelmed, which is why I created an intention setting exercise to get your on track with your goals! This practice will help provide clarity which is the driving force behind your goals!
Intention Exercise Steps:
1| Identify your intention.
2| Go deeper into the why of your goal.
3| Get specific on timing
STEP 1: Identify your Intention
What is your intention for 2020?
- Do you want to become healthier?
- Do you want to lose weight?
- Do you want to improve your relationship with food?
Consider the following questions to help identify your intention:
- What made you click on this link and read this post?
- What are your dreams?
- How do you envision feeling when you meet your dreams?
- How do you envision yourself transforming?
- Where does habit change fit into your life?
NOW… In one concise sentence, write down your intention statement.
STEP 2: Go Deeper Into The WHY
- Identifying the passion behind your goal is the key to tapping into intentions and motivation.
- Intentions are lived each day independent of achieving a goal or destination.
- Now read your statement and add the words “in order to” at the end of your statement!
- For example: If your goal is to lose 10 pounds and feel more confident about your body image, your statement may read “I will learn to plan my meals in order to eat better foods, improve my health, increase energy, confidence, and overall well-being.”
STEP 3: Get specific on timing
- When do you want to achieve your goal by?
- Having definitive dates is one of the keys to success
- Write a final intention statement on a sticky note, the notes in your phone or somewhere you will see it often. You want to keep your intention at the forefront of your mind and in sight daily!!
Need help staying Accountable!? Check out my 6-month Health Coaching program HERE
For more helpful information and to dig more into How To Set Intentions check out this post by Jessica Hagy- Intention Has the Power to Change Your Life
Latest on the blog: Mini Banana Protein Muffins (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)